Langkau ke kandungan utama

Open letter to Ou Yang Wen Feng

I usually use Bahasa Malaysia when posting in this blog, yet, it seems in writing this open letter, it's best written in English.

Dear sir,
When I first heard of your marriage, even though I don't know you personally, I was sad. This sadness comes from the bottom of my heart.

As a Christian, I do respect your right to choose whatever you wish to do. But, it seem that you are doing more than just practicing your rights. You are sending the message that homosexuality is not a sin and should be accept by us as a norm even though you claimed you are not promoting gay culture [1]. As pastor, I'm sure you yourself know it better.

Do I despise you? or hate you for you sexual orientation? No. Yet, for speaking my mind,  I'll be labeled as homophobic, closed minded, bigot, but when it comes to our faith as Christian, I can't compromise. A sin is a sin. I'm sorry.

I wish I can wish you well for your marriage, but I can't. May the Holy Spirit guide you back home.

Tiwas.


[1] AFP, 'Keep coming out', urges Malaysia's gay pastor.

Ulasan